Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving with Lucy

It’s silly that I’m just getting around to this – you and Lucy could already be snuggling up on the couch living the rest of your lives together.


Charlie and I have agreed to wait until the first of the year before bringing another dog into our home. It’s hard for me; it’s been 20 years since there hasn’t been at least one dog living with me. When Charlie decided to visit his dad for Thanksgiving, I decided that it would be nice to foster a dog for that weekend.

Miss J had asked me to take Lucy to a couple of adoption events in early November. She seemed like such a nice dog and rode so well in the car that I thought she’d be good to come home with me, and we could work on her “licker problem.”

I picked her up Wednesday after work and I will admit we worked very little on her “licker problem” ‘cause although she’s always ready to go for a walk or a car ride, she is a total couch potato. I’ve put in several photos and a video, but they just don’t show what a true and wonderful snuggler she is. I confess to actually sleeping on the couch a couple of nights just so I could cuddle with her and feel that most wonderful thing - the human-to-canine bond.


Lucy*Featured*
ID #: 46491
Type: Female Dog
Breed: American Staffy
Color: Brindle- Fawn / White
In Shelter: 43 days
Age: 6yrs 10mths 1wks
Weight: 52 pound(s)
Other Information: No Cats; House Trained;

1 comment:

Suze said...

Forgot to mention ... go to the Wake County Animal Center on Beacon Drive in Raleigh to bring her home with you today.