Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tippi's Night Kong

I went to bed early last night and “zonked” out almost immediately. I was sleeping hard when rattling noises woke me up. It started with kennel rattling noises, like when somebody, TIPPI, opens the kennel door, then there was chewing, then there was more rattling, a different kind of rattling, the rattling of a lone treat inside a Kong toy.

Chew, chew, chew. Rattle, rattle, rattle. Chew, chew, rattle, chew. Rattle, rattle, chew, chew, rattle.
It seemed to go on for hours, although it was probably just a few minutes. Finally the noise stopped and she flopped down to go back to sleep.

I looked at the clock - 11:00 PM, that was it. I thought it was going to be the middle of the night. I got up to get a drink of water and luckily noticed the Kong in my path before I stepped on it and twisted my ankle. I picked it up. The treat was still inside. Several muscle-flexing squishes later, the treat broke and fell out on the floor all around Tippi’s head. She popped up and cleaned it all up. We both went back to sleep, with me thinking about checking the sizes of the Kong treats tomorrow morning and Tippi dreaming of Kongs of never ending treats.

No comments: