Monday, February 28, 2011

Puppy Time


The shelter is low on dogs (and cats) and that is a good thing! Tuesday night there were hardly any dogs to take photos of – kind of a bummer. When all the long timers have had their photo shoots there is only one thing to do – cuddle puppies!

We ignored the fuzzy little whiner – yup, me, ignoring the fuzzy one. Could it be that the WCAC has turned me in to a lover of smooth-coated bully breeds? Maybe.

Cher (ID: 47282)

Cher was one of those sweethearts. Young and feeling a little shy 'cause she's only been here a couple of days. She was also a little camera shy as I could never get her to put her ears up. I had to be quick to actually get her looking at the camera. It's one of the "reasons" why I could use a new camera. It seems like if a pup has a real aversion to having its photo taken it's when I bring my camera up to my eye to compose the shot that they really shy away. So maybe if I got an upgrade to my Canon Rebel – one with a view screen …

Princess was more puppy-like, bubbly and full of energy. She had the cutest terrier face and a deep rich reddish brown color – and puppy breath. I have several friends who talk about the phenomenon of puppy breath and Princess had it. My friends were right; puppy breath is a marvelous scent.

Princess (ID: 48314)

Kiwi is another one of those sweet, shy bully-mix puppies. She has a face that makes you want to find her the very best home with all the love and proper training that a dog deserves.

Kiwi (ID: 48345)

Aaron is one of the smallest pups I've gotten in a kennel with – usually there are several to a kennel which makes them hard to photograph and they don't keep a clean kennel, if you know what I mean. But, Aaron's house was clean and he is quite the fuzzball! I was not having much luck getting his photo as he is so monochromatic that the lens couldn't get a good focus. I settled in to just enjoying hanging out with him. I love the little puppy "sproing" through the air as he ran all around and over me. I did luck out and get a couple of usable shots for the web.

Aaron (ID: 48246)

I've been slow in blogging this past week and as fate would have it my Canine Biographer's shift on Sunday fits right in with the theme of this post. I spent three hours at the WCAC with very few bios to show for it. BUT IT WASN"T MY FAULT – it was "Piggy's" fault.

Nom, nom, nom.

One of the kennel techs is fostering this little girl and leaves her in the office while she's working in the back. "Piggy" likes to be held and I was the only one in the office, so I just had to do it. What absolute fun! I wonder if Charlie would ever consider us fostering new born pups?

Overseeing my work

Sound Asleep

No comments: