Saturday, February 5, 2011

All the Cuties Tonight


It was another good night at the WCAC. I got lots of good shots of some very sweet dogs with only a couple energetic types.

Ringo Star (ID: 47137)

I should have spent more time with Ringo, not because he needed it, but because he's my kind of dog – soft, gentle, soft – oh sorry, did I mention soft and furry? He's a Rottie mix and Charlie said he did look like a Ringo Star. He was a really mellow boy, considering his next door neighbor was this one-year-old lab with an ear- and brain- piercing bark. The way the sound cut through my head, I swore he must have barked right in my ear at one point.

Whopper (ID: 47478)

Whopper was one of those dogs I just couldn't resist. He wasn't even available for adoption yet but I just had to get in that kennel and pet him. The photos don't really show it, but he is a Pittie mix. Yep. He might have the fur and the face of a Lab, but his barrel-chested stubby body is all Pittie. His antics in the kennel were more that of a Lab, which made him even cuter. As I went to get out of the kennel that pushy Pittie personality came out, which was a little weird considering his Lab side bad been the only thing I had seen up to that point.

Biggie (ID: 46326)

Biggie was curled up in a ball asleep when I stepped in to his kennel – well, as much as a 90 pound Boxer can get into a ball. His is one of those stories that makes you mad as heck and then makes you shake your head in amazement that people can be like that.


He and his friend were brought in because of a cruelty charge on their owner. The dogs were neglected and way too skinny. Biggie's owner had been physically unable to take care of them and was paying someone to do it and had no idea they were being so poorly treated. Both dogs are doing better and Biggie was just as sweet as can be. He was a little overzealous in snatching his treats – completely understandable, but he still had better manners than some I've seen.

Monkey Pup (ID: 46306)

Monkey Pup's intake photo made her look horrible like some deformed mutant. On my last two visits she was listed as "in isolation," but this time I actually found her in Dog Room E. That sealed the deal - I would work DE and she would be my first. Poor thing, she's spent so much time in "doggie hospital" that she was frightened during my visit. Such a pitiful look you just want to scoop her up in your arms and show her all kinds of love.


All in all a good night of service and love.

No comments: