Monday, July 16, 2012

So many you can’t pick just one


Thursday night I headed to the Wake County Animal Center (WCAC) to take some doggy glamour shots. Oh, I knew there was a possibility I’d bring one home with me as Princess had gone home and her visit had made me realize the lack of dog in my life. Click here to read about our newest fosterdog, Sookie.

The WCAC is over flowing with dogs right now (cats, too) and that’s never a good thing. Click here to see all our animals in need of a home.  Or click here if you want to become afoster for the WCAC.

While they were processing my foster request for Sookie, I tried to get some photos of pups who had been there a while but who hadn’t had a photo shoot yet.

As it is said, “Always start with dessert first.”

Brownie is a sweet pup.  I love his eyes and his coloring. He’s still a puppy, so yeah he needs some training and manners but did very well during his photo shoot considering I had forgotten to bring any treats with me. Look at those ears – you just have to want to see them perk up as he sees his loving family come for him.

Now if I found Brownie to be full of puppy energy, Goldy showed me what true puppy energy is. If you’re looking for a playmate or a running or hiking partner, this is the girl for you!

Reilly is finally being adopted. I say finally ‘cause I couldn’t believe that no one had scooped up this handsome guy before now.

If you like big furry dogs, stop by the WCAC any day of the week between noon and 6:00 PM and meet Hercules. He is such a beauty. Look at those eyes and the cock of his head. Doesn’t it just draw you in and pull your heartstrings to bring this boy into your family? He is heartworm positive, but there are low cost treatment options. I will always do preventatives to keep my dogs from getting heartworms, but all I’ve learned over the last couple of years from WCAC staff had made heartworms less frightening than I once thought.
Hercules (ID: 73777)

So, don’t wait – click here to see all the lovelies who are looking for their furever families and stop by any day of the week to meet them in person.

No comments: