Thursday, June 30, 2011

Really People?!?

Sometimes that old saying “The more people I meet, the more I like my dog” really rings true in my mind. I’ll get to that thought later. Let’s talk about all the sweet dogs I was able to photograph last week.

Zeus (ADOPTED)
Zeus reminded me why I don’t photograph puppies. This is the ONLY decent shot I got of him. He’s as cute as can be and super cuddly when you pick him up. I think I’ll coordinate with Tracy and we’ll tag-team them puppies next time.

Glena (ID: 55398)
Glena is a cutie with a wonderful squished up nose. I have some great close-ups of her but I like the ones that show her nose-wrinkles best. She’s on the super-skinny side, but she had pretty good manners for someone who hadn’t been eating very well.

Precious Holly (ID: 55275)
Are those not the cutest ears on Precious Holly? Hound mixes are just cute in general. Just a little over a year old, so she still has lots of puppy energy.

Bart (ID: 55462)
My introductory statement about people and dogs comes to mind every time I think of Bart. He’s just as sweet as can be and has such a waggy tail. He was well mannered when I stepped in to his kennel, too. Sadly, somebody did a real hack job on his ears. There are parts you don’t see in my photos that haven’t healed properly that make it look even more painful. He went into foster care with Petunia on Saturday. I’m so happy for him. I’ve met his foster mom a couple of times now and I know he’ll get lots of love.

Mini (ID: 54824)
Mini is another of those sweet Pitties whose ears were hacked (not docked) by someone. I just don’t get it. I’ve seen ears that have been docked by a professional and they can give a dog a distinctive look, but this is just a hack job. I know it’s common in dog fighting circles to do this, but I really don’t want to think these sweet babes were being pushed into that, or were living with someone that wanted them to look mean – ‘cause they’re not.

Gracie Lou
Look at those sad little eyes. Gracie Lou has lost her way and is looking for a new home. She’s a chubby little thing, so at 8 years old (more or less) she was someone’s baby.

Drake (ID: 47894)
Drake is currently in foster care and he was nothing like I expected from his photos on the web so I grabbed a couple of shots at the recent adoption event. He has some mighty big ears and a short stubby body.

Chucho (ID: 54678)
Chucho was in need of a new photo and it just so happened he was dressed for it Saturday. He’s one of those happy-go-lucky pre-teens that needs some discipline to be a really good dog.

Spongebob (ID: 52970)
Now the sweetie of the week is Spongebob. Just look at him here with his foster granddad. He’s just a young thing so he still has “puppy breath.” His brother got adopted at the event on Saturday so he’s most likely a little lonely this week. He has a velvety coat and the most adorable wrinkles.


I’ll finish off this week’s blog with three special guests. Several foster cats came in for the adoption event Saturday, so I tried to get updated photos where I could.

Peaches (ID: 48396)

Midnight (ID: 49425)

Waldo (ID: 49424)

No comments: