Friday, October 8, 2010

Pictures Don’t Do Justice

So, how do we do it? How do we convince you to come down to the shelter and meet all these wonderful dogs? We know that if we can get you to the shelter we’ll be able to find one to go home with you.

I’m looking over my photos from this week (WCAC Paparazzi Set), Precious, Nathan, Snickers (a.k.a. Rerun), Simba, and Deva. Deva is the only one that “looks” like the dog I hung out with on Tuesday night. In all the other cases, they look cute, but it’s just not how I remember them in my head. Nathan’s photos are especially funny as when we were playing and I was petting him his ears were always up. And Simba looks much more “pointy” in her pictures that the loveable lug she is. Okay, so Snickers looks like himself; I’m just trying to figure out how such a “contrasty” dog doesn’t have one sharp photo. I guess I was too busy watching where his feet were ‘cause the first thing he did when I got in his kennel was go slipping through his poo. [Note to self: Next time, even if the poo is in a nice little pile in an out-of-the-way corner, don’t do it. In their excitement they’ll forget, step in it, and make a mess of the place that you just can’t get out of the shot.]

Deva is such a beauty. She has some very nice outdoor shots in the WCAC Adoption Gallery (http://services.wakegov.com/adoptiongallery/), but I like the photos I was able to get of her. She really is a Pittie beauty. She is a sweet, sweet girl. Doesn’t have the super soft Pittie lips, but doesn’t snap your fingers off when she takes her treats.


Funny, I went from not being too sure about all the Pittie mixes to now making a point of putting my fingers in their mouths when I give them their treats. It’s all Kesha’s fault; she had the most wonderfully soft lips. It’s like I said at the beginning. We can publish all the photos and biographies we want, but it’s really through visiting with them that you really see their beauty.

No comments: