Friday, November 12, 2010

Too Sweet to Be Here

It’s been two weeks since I worked a shift at the WCAC. I didn’t even look at the Adoption Gallery until Monday night. Wow, there were lots of dogs that needed good photos. For them, I feel like I need to put in more time, but I’m about stretched to the limit the way it is. I was pleased to get as many photos taken as I did considering I did a couple things in the office and caught up with Gabi. But you don’t want to hear about that, you want to hear about the sweeties.

This is Cane and yes he’s a Rotty, a BIG Rotty and rotten to the core with sweetness. He may be four years old, but he certainly has plenty of energy. I only got three half way decent photos of him. He was so big, the kennel is only so big, and he kept jumping with playful excitement.











And isn’t Timmy beautiful? As I write this tonight, I look back and realize just how handsome his brown patches are. Yes, he’s one of those “Bully” mixes that I couldn’t tell you officially which breeds have been stirred up in that pot, but he has a sweet heart. You know they’re good natured when you can step into the kennel, take your gown and begin cleaning their face with it to get rid of any “eye goobers.” It takes me less time in post-production if I just wipe them off when I see them, unless I have one like Cane who takes a drink and shakes and slobbers.

Timmy, Frankie, Rebecca, Zoe, and Jelly were all giving me their best “poor pitiful me – won’t you take me home and make me happy?” looks. The folks in marketing keep telling us we need happy photos, but for me it’s those sad faces that make me think about bringing one home. Maybe it’s because I’ve been with them in their kennels and they’ve been so happy and sweet just to have my attention for a moment or two.


















Zoe was the one that really tugged my heart strings Tuesday night. A volunteer was cleaning her kennel, so I grabbed a couple of quick shots while she was tied up to the outside. A little while later when she was back in her kennel she began barking - a deep, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK. I stopped to talk to her (let’s face it I’m constantly talking to all of them) and the other volunteer said that Zoe was barking for her people. She’s six years old and was surrendered by her owners because they were moving and couldn’t take her with them. It’s probably just me anthropomorphizing her with human loneliness, but I felt so bad for her. Maybe she will find a new home soon.


Update on Zoe: I took this photo on Tuesday. Wednesday she was adopted and went home.

1 comment:

Charlie Foote said...

Yay - another one finds a home...